What Help Is Available for Sex Addiction?
The first step in seeking help is to admit to the problem. Though marital, professional, and societal consequences may follow, admission of the problems must come, no matter the cost. Fear of these consequences unfortunately keeps many sexual addicts from seeking help.
Many sources of help are available to provide information, support, and assistance for sexual addicts trying to regain control of their lives. These include inpatient and outpatient treatment, professional associations, self-help groups, and aftercare support groups.
- Take the Sexual Addiction Screening Test (SAST) online, at http://www.recoveryzone.com
- Contact Theo B. Kriek, who is a Certified Sex Addition Therapist for an appointment at 076 165 1587 or visit www.houseofblessing.co.za
- Theo B. Kriek – is a trained pastor with 18 years of experience. (BA 1993, BD 1996) He has been trained as a Sex Addiction Therapist by Dr. Patrick Carnes at the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. He is accredited as a Pastoral Therapist (Level 4) with the South African Association of Pastoral Work. He has a private practice in Krugersdorp and in Pretoria where he specializes in sexual addiction and co-dependency.
- Theo has offices in:
- Krugersdorp on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, (46 Buiten St. Krugersdorp North, 1739)
- Pretoria on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays (Coram Deo Counseling Centre, cnr Hugo & Lea streets, Waterkloof Glen)
- Twelve-step support programs. Visit www.saa-recovery.org
- House of Blessing Ministries started a support group for sexual addicts in Krugersdorp on Saturday mornings from 08h30, contact Leon at 073 154 9610, and in Northcliff on Monday evening, contact Franscois at 083 301 9139!
- Enroll in a ‘New-Beginnings’ program called: “Facing the Shadow – Understanding Sexual Addiction. How to start sexual and relationship recovery”. For more information call 076 165 1587.
- Visit www.GentlePath.com to browse the online catalog for books and Cd’s which will help you understand sex addiction!
- For more info about our partner’s program, please contact Hilda at 082 905 6944.
- Sms your e-mail address to 076 165 1587 to be placed on our database to receive info concerning sexual addiction seminars, family of origin intensive retreat, and marriage seminars.
- If you live far away from Pretoria and Krugersdorp, we also see people for help via skype!
- We also do international Skype sessions where there are no therapists trained in sexual addiction. Presently we have clients in Canada, Iraq, Dubai, Nigeria and Tanzania.